The world is constantly changing, and travelers are always looking for the next amazing destination to explore. For those with a sense of adventure, here are 13 of the best places to visit in 2023.
1. Reykjavik, Iceland – The land of fire and ice has long been a popular tourist destination. With its dramatic landscape and rich culture, it’s no surprise that more travelers are drawn to this Nordic capital every year. In 2023, take advantage of unbeatable rates on flights to Reykjavik for an unforgettable holiday experience.
2. Cuzco, Peru – This vibrant city is a gateway to the stunning Incan ruins of Machu Picchu and the famed Sacred Valley. Offering plenty of art and archaeological sites as well as delicious cuisine and traditional markets, visitors will be spoilt for choice in this sprawling city.
3. Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo is an exciting metropolis with a variety of attractions from ancient temples and shrines to modern man-made marvels such as the Tokyo Skytree and Tokyo Tower. Enjoy everything from ramen dishes at local eateries to romantic hotspots like Asakusa Temple and Akihabara Electric City.
4. Bangkok, Thailand – While many flock to its beautiful beaches, this city offers much more than just sunbathing! Spend time strolling through bustling street markets or taking in the awe-inspiring architecture such as Wat Arun temple or Grand Palace complex; whatever you choose there’s something sure to delight everyone in Bangkok!
5. Bali, Indonesia – From vibrant nightlife venues to tranquil rainforest retreats; Bali truly has something for everyone! Whether you’re snorkeling around coral reefs off Nusa Penida island or visiting ancient Hindu temples such as Uluwatu Temple; prepare yourself for an unforgettable trip in 2023!
6. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Home to some of South America’s most iconic attractions; Rio is always worth putting on your bucket list! Even if you can’t make it down for Carnival – which takes place during February/March – there are still plenty of things to keep you busy during your stay here including beach hopping at Copacabana or Ipanema beaches or taking a cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain for breathtaking panoramic views over Rio Bay!
7. Sri Lanka – Offering everything from dramatic mountain landscapes with tea plantations as far as the eye can see in Nuwara Eliya region as well as stunning wildlife reserves full of elephants and leopards around Yala National Park; Sri Lanka is one 2023 destination that shouldn’t be missed!
8. Budapest, Hungary – This is a city steeped in history and culture; with plenty of iconic attractions such as the Buda Castle, Heroes’ Square and Chain Bridge – it’s easy to see why this destination has become so popular lately! Don’t forget to explore its vibrant nightlife scene too for an all-round unforgettable stay in Budapest.
9. Marrakech, Morocco – Get lost in the winding alleyways of the Medina souk or sip mint tea at one of the many rooftop cafes while admiring views over Koutoubia Mosque; Marrakech has something for everyone! In 2023, make sure to check out festivals such as Moussem of Tanja and the International Film Festival.
10. Seychelles – If you’re looking for a tropical paradise then this is the place to be! With its white-sand beaches, crystal clear waters and abundance of exotic wildlife; the Seychelles is perfect for a romantic getaway or a family holiday full of fun activities in 2023.
11. San Francisco, USA – From iconic landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge to vibrant neighborhoods like Chinatown and Fisherman’s Wharf; there’s something for everyone in San Francisco! For incredible views over the city make sure to visit Twin Peaks Lookout – you won’t regret it!